Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cat Hat

   When I found out that it was almost my friend's daughter's birthday, I wanted to make her a cute cat hat. She LOVES cats so I thought it would be cute. She may never take it off (sorry Chrissy, but at least we waited until after vacation, right?) but I decided to do it anyway. I got on good 'ol Pinterest and did a quick "Crochet cat hat" search. This is what I got.


   Yes, I know that's what I searched, but it surprised me and made me laugh. Maybe because I never thought of putting a hat on a cat. Anyway, I kept looking and I found this one.


   I thought it was perfect! So I grabbed my purple yarn because that's her favorite color, and who wouldn't want a purple hat on their head, and I got to work on it. It took me a while to get it done. Sometimes, life just gets in the way of fun crafting projects. I did manage to get it done before her birthday though. I also managed to forget to take pictures while I was putting it together. But if you'd like the pattern, you can find it here.

   Here is a picture of my completed hat. I had to put it on a ball because my lil man doesn't want a purple cat on his head and I didn't want him to stretch it out anyway. I think it turned out pretty well.


   It even took a nice little nap on my table.


    The pattern was fairly easy to follow. I did have a thing or two I wasn't sure on and just kind of improvised it. I did attach the face before I sewed it closed though which made it a million times easier. I also used my favorite hat pattern that I use for all of my hats. I can't wait to see it on her! I really hope she enjoys it.

2 comments:

  1. This cat hat is adorable. I want one. I don't know who I could convince to wear it, and my wife would mock me, but this is awesome! Did you use filling on the legs?

    Any hat that can take a nap deserves more attention. There should be a cat-in-the-hat, joke hiding around here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a big hit for the girl I made it for. She LOVES cats! I did use some filling in the legs so they would stay shaped. If you really want one, I will sell ya one. It wouldn't even have to be purple.

      I tried to think of one when I did my post, but nothing awesome came to mind.

      Delete