Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

   I have found the best chocolate chocolate chip recipe. It has become my go to cookie recipe when I need to make cookies for just about anything. My boys love them so much that they request them for their birthday treat to share with the class.

   First, I sift together 2 cups of flour, 1/2 a cup of cocoa powder, and a teaspoon of baking soda. If you don't have a sifter, I have used a spoon to help break up the chunks.


   Cocoa powder is rather chunky. Once everything else has been sifted through, I gently break up the chunks.


   You now have your dry ingredients ready to go.


   In a separate bowl, mix a cup of softened butter, 3/4 cup of white sugar, 3/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 eggs and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.


   Once that is all mixed up, it will look like this.


   Mix in the dry ingredients. Once they are well blended, stir in 2 cups of chocolate chips.


   While you are stirring in the chocolate chips, feel free to let your kids help clean up.


   Bake at 350*F for 9 to 12 minutes. Be careful not to over bake. They will be soft in the middle but the edges will be slightly firm to the touch. Let cool.


   Now it's time to enjoy the ooey gooey goodness of freshly baked chocolate chocolate chip cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment