Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Crocheted Bows

   I was on Pinterest one day, looking at different Nerd Craft Crochet things and I saw someone that had crocheted a bow. I thought that was a brilliant idea so I clicked on the link. It took me to Etsy. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem at all with people selling their items. I've sold a good number of things myself. It just meant there was no pattern so I had to figure it out for myself. If the pattern isn't too complex, that's not a hard thing to do. Here is what I came up with.

   First, crochet a rectangle. One of the great things about homemade crafting is, you can make it whatever size and color you want. This is seven rows tall and about twenty stitches long, half double crochet.


   I like to add a little trim. Single crochet all the way around your rectangle.


   After you decide what type of bow you want, cut out/sew/embroider whatever embellishments you would like to add. Mine is cut out of felt.


   While your hot glue gun is heating up, finish the bow. Cut a piece of yarn to wrap around the middle of the bow.


   Take your rectangle and pinch it in the middle so that it is bow shaped.

   Use your piece of yarn and wrap it around the bow a few times, leaving both ends out so you can tie it in a knot.


   After you you tie it off, trim off the ends.


   Next, very carefully hot glue your pieces together if you need to.


   Add a little dab of glue onto the center of your bow.


   Place your embellishment. The bow is now ready.


   I like to just slip a bobby pin on. You can also hot glue it onto a hair clip.


   Bows are a fun accessory to add to any outfit for any occasion, especially if you can figure out where to get bow-tie clips. How cute would that be?



   Shameless plug: As always, if you would like to order anything, feel free to shoot me an email via the contact form or leave a message with your email and I will get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment