Friday, February 12, 2016

Product Review: MarCro 3D Pen Filament


   I received some 3D pen filament to review. It came in an air tight package.


   Inside was sixteen different colors of filament, two of which are glow in the dark. There is twenty feet of each color.


   I found that this filament works well. It melted easily once I got the temperature right. I did have some air bubbles as it was coming out of the 3D pen, so there was a bit of popping as I was working with it. I had a hard time getting it to stick to the paper which made it a little difficult to complete my project. It also made it so that my project does not lay quite flat. It came out even (as long as I was steady). It sticks to itself rather easily, so you need to be careful as to not attach it anywhere you don't want touching. It doesn't come apart once it's together so you won't need to worry about your project falling apart.


   Overall, I think this was a decent product. If you or your kids interested in learning about 3D pens, this is probably a good choice. You get a lot of filament for the price. Maybe messing with the settings on the pen would help with some of the bubbles and such, I just couldn't get it to stop on mine. This was a fun project and I can't wait to do more with my kids. We love having access to the 3D printing world!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for

No comments:

Post a Comment