Tuesday, March 4, 2014

#DisneySide @Home Celebration

  *I received free products in order to host the Disney Side @Home Celebrations. The opinions expressed here are my own.

   A few months ago, I got an email asking me if I would like to host a Disney Side @Home Celebration. I of course was more than happy, seeing as how I LOVE Disney!

   I signed up and waited to see if I was picked. A while later I got an email saying I had been picked and my package should arrive within the next month or two. I was beyond excited! My oldest was turning 9 during the time frame we had to host the party. What a perfect way to throw a party! Most of the supplies would be coming in my pack.

   I checked the tracking on my package daily. I was watching it travel across the US at what seemed to be the pace of a turtle. It seemed like it was taking forever to get here! I was getting more and more excited to see what was going to be in my special Disney package. I was just positive it would be full of magic!

  The day finally arrived and my package came! I promised the hubby that we wouldn't open it without him here. It sat on my floor for what seemed like hours! I had already waited weeks for it. Surely another couple hours wouldn't hurt, right?


   He FINALLY got home and we gathered around to open it. Here's what we found inside:


   I was so excited! There were plates, napkins, cups, table cloth, decorations, cookie cutters, Bingo, bracelets, an IPhone 5 case... all of it Disney. There were also measuring cups and recipe cards from ABC's the Chew, Photo paper from HP and much more. It all came in a nice suitcase by American Tourister.

  The day of the party came. We decorated with all of the many things Disney. We made Disney shaped Rice Crispy Treats with the cookie cutters. Hung the decorations up and waited for our friends to come.



   We pulled out all of the Disney games we have. The older kids played some Disney Trivial Pursuit. The younger ones played with our Monsters University Dice game. When we had enough of those games (Trivial Pursuit goes on for FOREVER when you are playing with 5 kids, the oldest being 9) we gathered the kids all together and played some Bingo.

  We found some cute little Disney coloring activity packs at Target and used those for prizes for winning at Bingo.


   Overall, it was a good party. Great products from the many sponsors involved. We all had a great time! We used many of the smaller things such as the bracelets and HP photo paper as party favors. I hope I will be able to host another one of these parties in the future! It made planning a birthday party so much easier. I can't wait to go on a trip and try out my new suitcase as well, maybe a trip to Disneyland is in order??

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm a little jealous we didn't get one. But we are currently planning our next Disneyland trip. Do you have a link for the Disney suite case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all came together. The party is done with but I can let you know if I find out about another one.

      Delete