Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What I've Been Working On

   This time of year is a busy one. The weather is starting to cool down which means it's beanie season. The winter orders have started trickling in, so I have been busy crocheting... a lot! My fingers are stiff in the morning. Sometimes my muscles demand I take a break and stretch. I have to be careful because last winter season, I had so many minion hat orders right before Christmas that I almost gave myself carpel tunnel. This year, I've been working on getting some of those orders in before the big rush. Here are a few things I have been working on.

   This has been a popular hat design. I love it so much, I made myself one even though it's still hitting 90* here. I've done it in many different colors and each one looks just as good as the one before. It's great for showing your support to your favorite sports team or school.


   Another popular hat this year has been the Ninja Turtle hat. I figured out the mask pattern on my own. I don't always do them exactly the same, but they are always pretty close. One order I got was for a newborn hat and some booties. I'm sure there is a really cute baby turtle out there somewhere.


   My middle one turns eight on Sunday. He is really into Pokemon right now so I made him some Pokeballs. I used a pattern for a hacky sack and then added a 'button' to it. I filled them with lintel beans which is weird to squeeze. It's almost feels like the ball is empty, but it isn't. I have a feeling we will be having a few Pokemon battles in our near future.


   I have a couple more orders to work on as well. One is a new hat design that is going to be a LOT of work. I also have an order for a newborn hat and turtle shell blanket. I get to figure that one out, but I have to say, sometimes figuring out your own little pattern and design is a lot of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment