Monday, April 6, 2015

Product Review: Peppermint and Lavender oil

   I was able to try some InstaNatural Peppermint and Lavender essential oil.

 

   I am still relatively new to the whole essential oil trend. I have a few oils and I am trying to figure out which ones I like and which ones I don't like so much; what oils do what and the best way to use them.

   A few days ago, I came down with an awful cold. It started as allergies, turned into bad allergies and then into a cold. Saturday, I was so congested that I couldn't taste or smell. This was rather depressing since I like food. It didn't matter what I ate, it all tasted like nothing at all.

   Sunday I decided to boil some water with the peppermint oil in it. I was breathing in the steam and still couldn't smell anything. I was applying it to my face, breathing it in, anything I could think of. I'm sure my house smelled like Christmas, but I couldn't tell.

   I woke up Monday, still unable to smell or taste. I figured I'd give it one more try. I put more oil into some boiling water and put a little more on my face. I started breathing in the steam once again. After a minute, I could start smelling the faint scent of peppermint! I can now smell and taste a bit.

   This brand of peppermint is great for applying. I've used some brands that are so strong, you put them on and your eyes burn instantly and for a long period of time.  This one seems to be the perfect strength. You can use it without feeling like your eyes are on fire, but it is still strong enough to work.

   This is also why I like the lavender. I don't know about you, but I hate the smell of lavender. I also have nights where my mind won't turn off and let me sleep. This lavender is great for helping you relax without making you feel like you are in a meadow of flowers. Having allergies, this is also nice as it doesn't trigger any sort of reaction.

   They come in four ounce jars which means they will last for a long time since you still only need a drop or two at a time. This is a great brand if you are looking for something that works, but isn't overpowering.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers

No comments:

Post a Comment